NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

7.16.2014

***** detail. "War" is the only word in the english language I know of that connotes total, all out devotion of life, limb, treasure, heart, soul.... HOW it wages that is the issue - VIOLENCE (Violating what is right for others) is NOT the only way to Wage War. UNVIOLENTLY WAG...

"War" is the only word in the english language I know of that connotes total, all out devotion of life, limb, treasure, heart, soul.... HOW it wages that is the issue - VIOLENCE (Violating what is right for others) is NOT the only way to Wage War. UNVIOLENTLY WAGING LOVING is the other way - WITH YOUR ENTIRE BEING CONSTRUCTING a better reality... as a desperate medical team might fighting for the life of a child - Frenetic, TOTAL EFFORT, of CONSTRUCTION, CREATION.... NOT DESTRUCTION. Agents of Peace, of a better world MUST step up to face this. 99% of the otherwise best hopes for Peace wind up hiding behind such notions as 'peace is the way.' Peace IS the way of Death... coffin. WAGING A WAR OF LOVING by whatever words, or no words at all, is what describes the work of True Unviolent Activists bringing about Peace... throughout history. "I consider myself a soldier... tho a soldier of Peace." Gandhi. Me too. You? 
-----
I was on my every morning, 6 days per week, self appointed campaign to pick up every condom, shard of glass, candy wrapper... that covered the 12 acre campus of the blighted, 95% poverty, 1200 student Columbus Elementary in Chester PA yr 2000... before any students or staff arrived each morning.  Spotless was what I wanted for them. Probably the best application of my masters degrees in Business and Psychology I've ever applied.  Almost killed me, literally.  Often by mid afternoon I was literally paralyzed with exhaustion. "I get it now," said a voice. It was Mr. Jackson, school custodian. I barely knew him, I was new to the school. "Oh. You get what," I asked. "You are at war; you are at war for these kid's lives," he said. I'd never thought of it that way. I didn't really understand why I was killing myself in this way. My heart, my Soul, just said "DO IT," so I did. But he was right. I was at all out, total, pay any personal price war for the kids in that school, otherwise bound for early prison and death. I've been at war for humanity my entire adulthood but only when Mr. Jackson put those words to it did I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment