NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

10.26.2014

nd. FB friend today: James, do you live in a shelter so that you can maintain the free Palestine vigil in front of the White House? James; We have little hope of making any difference unless we focus and devote our lives entirely. This is human history. I refuse any longer to not devote my life entirely to the global neediest . We revile such behavior, we fear it, we starve it, we certainly don't support it, we certainly don't pay it. So my choice has been to devote my life to humanity and accept material destitution, or to divert some of my time to my own continuance. I refuse to do the latter, which would mean diverting my time from the cause. Applying the skills that earned me hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to make rich people richer, is worth zero to our society when devoted to our neediest brothers and sisters. Less than zero, actually, because we see it as a threat to our system, which it is: the only real threat to our personally profit from our sisters and brothers obscenity of a system that is destroying all of creation. So far I have been kept barely alive by strangers, an ever dwindling small group of friends, cracks in the system, food in dumpsters, and having zero material needs except those of my work, a stool to sit on, appropriate posters, and computer equipment for researching, learning, and advocating online . I have lived on the streets so that I can fight for Palestine, & I expect before long that will be the case again, although as we more and more criminalize homelessness I envision present I'm beginning to eat into my work time. . But yes, surprisingly, right now, I am able to have a cot in a homeless shelter and that is good support for my body for the work. I am typing to you from in front of the White House maintaining the free Palestine vigil. I am here from early morning until mid to late evening every day that the weather does not drive me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment