NOTICE:
From any post click the photo across the page top to see the entire blog.
JAMES' PERSONAL WRITINGS: SLOVING
JAMES' MOST STRATEGIC POSTS: *****
MUCH OF MY POSTING WAS ON FACEBOOK: STARTLOVING1

7.16.2015

A fellow on Facebook sent me an article that's encouraging people to accept their circumstances and to do good where they are . My reply: I passionately want my circumstances to be where I can serve better. The primary circumstance I keep trying to change.......

A fellow on Facebook sent me an article that's encouraging people to accept their circumstances and to do good where they are . My reply: I passionately want my circumstances to be where I can serve better. The primary circumstance I keep trying to change, and I'm having some limited success, the primary circumstance I try to change is me, what I am, Who I am, what level of wisdom I have, what level of compassion and humanity.... But with even greater passion I not only accept my circumstances, my conditions, I hold myself to the utmost responsibility to do what I can with what resources I have in the instant. Decades ago in business a very senior individual in the organization, a grudging admirer of mine, said, I have never seen anyone like you: you have one foot riveted in the clouds, that place where you want things to be much better, and you have the other foot riveted on the ground, implementing with every ounce of strength what can be implemented now, this instant. I think he was right then. I think it remains true today. I highly recommend it. Yes the tension is excruciating, but the joy and peace of heart are  infinitely greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment